The Council for Youths with Chronic Conditions (CYCC) was established to:
- Promote timely, individualized needs assessments of children and adolescents with chronic health conditions and their families in language easily translated into actions.
- Provide advocacy and promote family involvement at all levels of health care planning, policy making, advisory, and monitoring capacities.
- Advocate and collaborate with the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, the New Hampshire Department of Education, and the New Hampshire Insurance Department, as well as other public and private agencies and organizations that serve children and adolescents, in enhancing community-based family supports that meet the unique needs of children and adolescents with chronic health conditions and their families.
- Increase awareness and visibility in the public and private sector of the medical, educational, social, psychological, and financial issues that impact children and adolescents with chronic health conditions and their families.
- Facilitate family/physician collaboration at all levels of support and service delivery systems.
- Empower families with children with chronic health conditions through educational opportunities and the dissemination of information that is understandable, accessible, complete, and presented in a manner that is compassionate and caring.