A Champion Award is given to youth (under age 21) with chronic conditions who have shown extraordinary leadership in and/or commitment to their school and community.
Amanda Conley highlights
- From Derry NH
- Nominated by Laurie Fleming, representing NH School Nurse Association
- Currently attends Pinkerton Academy
- Advocate for health promotion, self advocacy and management of diabetes since she was in elementary school.
- Successfully petitioned the Derry school district and food services to make the nutrition information available for everyone to count carbs of the food in the school nutrition program.
- Offering services to be a mentor to middle school students with diabetes who may need some support and guidance.
Thank you Amanda and Congratulations!