Sadie McCallum is an upcoming Sophomore in High School from Weare, NH. She was nominated by Kelly Cleveland, PTA. We love all the STEM and engineering skills, Sadie has used to make a difference in her community.
Here’s a list of some of the amazing contributions Sadie as worked on:
- Uses her lived experience with Cerebral Palsy to invent equipment to facilitate a walker going up over a curb.
- She is a recognized inventor and has been featured on television programs showcasing young inventors.
- Starting an internship this summer where she’ll be advising engineers on medical and mobility equipment.
- Her goal is to become a software engineer for biomedical equipment.
- Influenced changes to her school campus for safe universal access.
- Participates in forums to educate others about her diagnosis and its challenges.
- Runs audio-visual equipment for drama productions at her school for fun.
- Recently initiated a pen-pal relationship with a disability rights activist highlighted in Netflix’s Crip Camp documentary.
Thank you Sadie for being a tremendous leader as a young woman with a chronic health condition!